Welcome to the personal web site and blog of Ethan Prater.
I live and work in the San Francisco Bay Area. I grew up in Quincy, IL. I have also lived, studied, and worked in New Haven, CT; Vienna, Austria; New York, NY; and Philadelphia, PA.
My career has focused on product management and product marketing in education technology, health care, enterprise Software as a Service, consumer Internet, and digital media and advertising – at companies including those listed below:
- NovoEd, a San Francisco-based company enabling collaborative learning online for employers and post-secondary educational institutions
- Emdeon (now Change Healthcare), a Nashville-based company focused on health care transactional/payment technology and services
- Castlight Health (NYSE:CSLT), a San Francisco-based company dedicated to helping businesses and consumers purchase better quality health care at lower cost
- Jigsaw (now Data.com, part of Salesforce.com)
- IGN Entertainment
- DoubleClick (now part of Google)
- Columbia Artists Management Inc.
I attended Quincy Senior High School, Yale University, and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Further professional information is available on my Linkedin profile.
My e-mail address is eprater -at- gmail, and my telephone number is (650) 352-3876.
About This Blog
While this blog’s posts inevitably mention topics related to my work – including software product marketing and product management, education technology, data and customer analytics, Internet advertising and personalization, online communities, B2B sales and marketing, e-commerce, and health care – here I speak only as myself and not on behalf of any past or present employer.
You can subscribe to category-specific feeds available on the Archives & Subscriptions page – just look for the little orange feed icon next to your favorite category.
I reserve the rights to all material I post to this blog. Contact me for permission to use it elsewhere.