In late September 2007 I traveled to Japan with The Wife and several of our friends. It was our first time there, and in just over a week we traveled in and around Tokyo, Osaka, and Hiroshima.
My dominant recollection of the trip was its overwhelming heat and humidity. But we managed quite a few activities in the midst of the oppressive weather:
- Hanshin Tigers baseball game in Tokyo
- Sumo wrestling tournament in Tokyo
- Yamazaki Whiskey Distillery outside Osaka (deserved its own blog post and photo collection here)
- Fish market in Tokyo – way early in the morning, followed by a sushi breakfast
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial and Museum
- Osaka Castle
- Karaoke – late into the night – with our Japanese friends
- The Akhihabara, Tokyo’s electronics district – the next best adventure after the Yamazaki Distillery
And various others too numerous to mention, even if I could remember them.
In any case, some good photos came out of our time in Japan. I’ve grouped the various sets into a Flickr collection here. I suggest visiting Flickr directly to page through the photos more quickly and in larger sizes. But I’ve also inserted thumbnail galleries of each below. If you use the the thumbnail galleries instead of clicking through to Flickr, then note that some galleries have multiple pages.